100-Question Online Exam Only – 12/13 @ 1 PM ET
December 6, 2022
100-Question Exam Information
- This exam consists of 100 questions, each with four possible answers, testing the breadth and depth of participants’ knowledge of the Rules of Golf, including knowledge of definitions and the interpretations. Part I (questions 1-50) is closed book, no reference materials are allowed while answering these questions. Part II (questions 51-100) is open book and open notes, however the use of electronic reference materials, excluding the device on which you are taking exam (including but not limited to personal computers, smart phones, iPads and the like) is prohibited.
- There will be two versions of the 100-question Rules of Golf exam offered during 2023 Rules Workshops: a fall 2022 version and a winter 2023 version. Therefore, you may take the exam once in each season, for a total of twice (but you may not take the same exam twice in one season). For example, you may take the 100-Question Exam in October 2022 and again in January 2023. But you may not take the exam in January 2023 and again in March 2023.
- The 100-Question exam provides you the opportunity to achieve both “Expert” and “Advanced” Rules certification from the USGA.
Online Rules Exam Information
- Platform – It is web-based so there is no software to download, and launching the exam is a fast process.
- Security – You will only be required to take a photo of your face and your ID when signing in. No additional environment or security checks will be required.
- Proctors – USGA Rules staff will proctor the exam, enabling us to provide a consistent experience for all exam-takers.
- Monitoring – USGA proctors will have access to exam-taker’s video and computer screen to ensure the exam is conducted in a secure and equitable fashion.
- Disconnections – The platform is stable and disconnections are a rare occurrence. If one does occur, the re-entry process is designed to be simple and fast. Time while disconnected does not count against your allotted exam time.
- At least 24 hours in advance of the exam, you’ll receive an email with the link to access the exam.
- For more detailed information on the online rules exam, please click here.
- Note: The USGA provides reasonable and appropriate accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act for individuals with documented disabilities or a medical condition who demonstrate a need for accommodations and request accommodations prior to testing.
- Individuals must submit a completed and signed Testing Accommodation Request Form and supporting medical documentation at least 45 days prior to the desired day of testing. The USGA will inform each individual via email on whether their request was approved or denied.
- For additional inquiries regarding ADA testing accommodations or specifically about the USGA’s Testing Accommodation Request Form, please contact the USGA Rules Department at 908-326-1850 or via email at [email protected]
You Must be Logged in to Join this Workshop.