22101 PGA/USGA Rules Workshop – Liberty Corner, NJ
77 Liberty Corner Road
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938
January 3, 2022
Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Reception: 5-6:30 p.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Optional Exam: 7:45 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
PGA/USGA Workshop Description
- Three-day workshop
- Access to either the 100-Question or 80-Question Exam on the morning of the fourth day (or online on a date you select from the exam schedule, available here.)
- Access to the Virtual Rules School video recordings
- Access to live Night School sessions throughout the workshop season
- For all in-person workshops and exams, attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the classroom and in communal areas of the site where you cannot socially distance.
- For all in-person sites (except Dallas, TX) – All attendees will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to be admitted to the classroom. This means that 14 days must have passed since your final shot (1st dose for J&J and 2nd dose for Moderna or Pfizer). Proof of vaccination must be physically shown prior to entering the classroom on the first day of the workshop. You must show either your vaccine card, passport, certification, or a photo of such proof, which must include your name, date of birth, vaccine type, and vaccine dose(s) and dates administered, along with a current photo ID.
- For Dallas, TX ONLY (February 11-14th) – All attendees will be required to show proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the first day of the workshop (i.e., test must be taken on or after February 8, 2022). However, you may show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 which will exempt you from this testing requirement. If you wish to be exempt from the testing requirement and show proof of vaccination, you must show either your vaccine card, passport, certification, or a photo of such proof, which must include your name, date of birth, vaccine type, and vaccine dose(s) and dates administered, along with a current photo ID.
- Registration will open for all sites at full capacity, but we reserve the right to decrease capacity at any or all workshop sites as needed to ensure the safety of attendees and staff. We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any in-person workshop or exam for any reason, including but not limited to, health and safety concerns related to COVID-19. If we cancel any session or reduce capacity which requires cancellation of your in-person session, you may either (a) receive a full refund or (b) select a different workshop or exam, depending on availability and subject to any applicable fees, and a credit will be applied to the cost of the substituted session, and any remaining balance will be refunded to you.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this COVID-19 Policy at any time, including requiring additional protocols in order to attend any in-person session, as necessary to comply with any applicable federal, state or local law, order, regulation or recommendation, or as determined in the sole discretion of the USGA.
- THIS COVID-19 POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS AND IN-PERSON EXAMS, AND DOES NOT APPLY TO VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS OR EXAMS.
595 Martinsville Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
(908) 542-0300 or (888) 887-7913
(2.8 miles from Golf House)
225 Route 202, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
(908) 221-1100 or (800) 585-4461
(7.1 miles from Golf House)
80 Allen Road, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
(3.1 miles from Golf House)
1277 Route 22 West, Bridgewater, NJ 08807
(9.4 miles from Golf House)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) – 28 miles away
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA) – 48 miles away
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JKF) – 63 miles away
- Please call your hotel for local shuttle services to and from airports. Transportation from local hotels to Golf House is not provided.
Breakfast and Refreshments
A complimentary continental breakfast, including at least one hot item, will be provided each morning starting by 7:10 a.m. During scheduled breaks, complimentary coffee, tea, water and soft drinks will be provided. Lunch will be provided for Days 1-3 and is included in the cost of registration.
You are responsible for the cost of your transportation, lodging, and incidental expenses. Additionally, you are responsible for all your food and beverage expenses, except as otherwise detailed above.
Business casual recommended. Please no blue jeans, sweatpants or t-shirts.
- Be sure to sign in on the official class roster at the start of all morning and afternoon sessions each of the first three days.
- PGA of America members must enter their PGA eight-digit member number next to their name on the attendance roster and attend the workshop in its entirety to be credited with 24 Member Service Requirement hours. No partial credit is given by the PGA of America.
About Your Instructors
Kathryn Belanger, USGA
Kathryn joined the USGA seven years ago. She started as a Rules of Golf Associate answering thousands of Rules inquiries each year. Currently, Kathryn works as Director, Rules – Championships, managing the Rules operations at USGA championships. This is Kathryn’s fifth season teaching PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshops. Prior to joining the USGA, Kathryn graduated from Loras College with a degree in sport management and business, in addition to being a three-year member of the Women’s Golf team.
Tom Carpus, PGA
Tom is a PGA Master Professional, and has been on the PGA of America Rules Committee since 1995. He served as Chairman of the Committee in 2017-2018 and has officiated 6 Ryder Cups, 26 PGA Championships, 10 Masters, 4 OPEN Championships, 3 Players Championships and many other PGA of America events. He is a Past President and Hall of Fame inductee of the Philadelphia Section PGA. He was a head golf professional for 25 years, and now works full time as a Tournament Official for the PGA TOUR Champions. Tom has taught 34 PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshops.
Jamie Wallace, USGA
Jamie joined the USGA Rules team in 2015 and is currently Director, Rules – Technology, Content & Education. In his role, he oversees the Rules department’s education program as well as all department technology needs. He also gets to work in a Rules capacity at USGA Championships each season. Prior to joining the USGA, Jamie worked for an online tutoring and education company based in New York City. He graduated from Dartmouth College in 2008 and was a four-year member and captain of the Men’s Golf team.
You Must be Logged in to Join this Workshop.