22102 PGA/USGA Rules Workshop – Atlanta, GA
5993 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092
January 5, 2022
Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Reception: 5-6:30 p.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Optional Exam: 7:45 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
PGA/USGA Workshop Description
- Three-day workshop
- Access to either the 100-Question or 80-Question Exam on the morning of the fourth day (or online on a date you select from the exam schedule, available here.)
- Access to the Virtual Rules School video recordings
- Access to live Night School sessions throughout the workshop season
- For all in-person workshops and exams, attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the classroom and in communal areas of the site where you cannot socially distance.
- For all in-person sites (except Dallas, TX) – All attendees will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to be admitted to the classroom. This means that 14 days must have passed since your final shot (1st dose for J&J and 2nd dose for Moderna or Pfizer). Proof of vaccination must be physically shown prior to entering the classroom on the first day of the workshop. You must show either your vaccine card, passport, certification, or a photo of such proof, which must include your name, date of birth, vaccine type, and vaccine dose(s) and dates administered, along with a current photo ID.
- For Dallas, TX ONLY (February 11-14th) – All attendees will be required to show proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the first day of the workshop (i.e., test must be taken on or after February 8, 2022). However, you may show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 which will exempt you from this testing requirement. If you wish to be exempt from the testing requirement and show proof of vaccination, you must show either your vaccine card, passport, certification, or a photo of such proof, which must include your name, date of birth, vaccine type, and vaccine dose(s) and dates administered, along with a current photo ID.
- Registration will open for all sites at full capacity, but we reserve the right to decrease capacity at any or all workshop sites as needed to ensure the safety of attendees and staff. We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any in-person workshop or exam for any reason, including but not limited to, health and safety concerns related to COVID-19. If we cancel any session or reduce capacity which requires cancellation of your in-person session, you may either (a) receive a full refund or (b) select a different workshop or exam, depending on availability and subject to any applicable fees, and a credit will be applied to the cost of the substituted session, and any remaining balance will be refunded to you.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this COVID-19 Policy at any time, including requiring additional protocols in order to attend any in-person session, as necessary to comply with any applicable federal, state or local law, order, regulation or recommendation, or as determined in the sole discretion of the USGA.
- THIS COVID-19 POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS AND IN-PERSON EXAMS, AND DOES NOT APPLY TO VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS OR EXAMS.
- $109/night – a limited block of rooms is being held for workshop attendees at this rate. If you intend to stay at this hotel during the workshop, it is strongly recommended you make your reservation a soon as possible. If all rooms in the block become reserved, additional rooms may not be available at this or a higher rate. On December 13, 2021, any unreserved rooms will be released back into hotel inventory.
- After you’ve registered for this event, come back here to book online:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) – 30 miles away
- Please call your hotel for local shuttle services to and from airports. Transportation from local hotels to the Hilton Atlanta Northeast is not provided.
Breakfast and Refreshments
A complimentary continental breakfast, including at least one hot item, will be provided each morning starting by 7:10 a.m. During scheduled breaks, complimentary coffee, tea, water and soft drinks will be provided.
You are responsible for the cost of your transportation, lodging, and incidental expenses. Additionally, you are responsible for all your food and beverage expenses, except as otherwise detailed above.
Business casual recommended. Please no blue jeans, sweatpants or t-shirts.
- Be sure to sign in on the official class roster at the start of all morning and afternoon sessions each of the first three days.
- PGA of America members must enter their PGA eight-digit member number next to their name on the attendance roster and attend the workshop in its entirety to be credited with 24 Member Service Requirement hours. No partial credit is given by the PGA of America.
About Your Instructors
Ben Schade, USGA
Ben joined the USGA in March of 2016. He currently serves as the Director of the Rules with a focus on supporting the USGA’s role in governance. Ben has been a PGA Professional for 11 years and was an Assistant Golf Professional at Montclair Golf Club prior to joining the USGA. He also currently sits on the New Jersey PGA Junior Golf Committee. This is Ben’s fourth season teaching a PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshop.
Dave Podas, PGA
Dave is the Director of Golf for the Bel Air Country Club. He has been a member of the PGA of American Rules Committee since 2013 and a member of the SCPGA Rules Committee since 2012. David has officiated at the PGA Championship, the PGA Senior Championship, the Masters, Junior Ryder Cup, the Ryder Cup as well as the USGA Amateur Championship and many PGA of America events. Dave has also competed on the PGA Tour and the PGA Tour Champions, including the 2014 US Senior Open.
Jon Drago, PGA
Jon has been a PGA member since 1996 and a Master Professional since 2002. He worked at PGA of America Headquarters managing the operations of the Senior PGA Championship and the PGA Grand Slam of Golf from 1997 through 2003 and has been the Tournament Director for the AT&T Byron Nelson in Dallas since 2004. Jon has served on the PGA of America Rules Committee since 2003. He has officiated at the PGA Championship, the Senior PGA Championship, PGA member events, the PGA Cup Matches, the Masters, Ryder Cup, and the Olympic Men’s golf competition. Jon has coordinated 5 PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshops and instructed two.
You Must be Logged in to Join this Workshop.