22104 PGA/USGA Rules Workshop – Dallas, TX
4151 Centreport Dr
Fort Worth, TX 76155
February 2, 2022
Registration begins at 7:15 a.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Reception: 5-6:30 p.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Session: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Optional Exam: 7:45 a.m.- 1:00 p.m.
PGA/USGA Workshop Description
- Three-day workshop
- Access to either the 100-Question or 80-Question Exam on the morning of the fourth day (or online on a date you select from the exam schedule, available here.)
- Access to the Virtual Rules School video recordings
- Access to live Night School sessions throughout the workshop season
- For all in-person workshops and exams, attendees will be required to wear a mask at all times while in the classroom and in communal areas of the site where you cannot socially distance.
- For all in-person sites (except Dallas, TX) – All attendees will be required to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to be admitted to the classroom. This means that 14 days must have passed since your final shot (1st dose for J&J and 2nd dose for Moderna or Pfizer). Proof of vaccination must be physically shown prior to entering the classroom on the first day of the workshop. You must show either your vaccine card, passport, certification, or a photo of such proof, which must include your name, date of birth, vaccine type, and vaccine dose(s) and dates administered, along with a current photo ID.
- For Dallas, TX ONLY (February 11-14th) – All attendees will be required to show proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of the first day of the workshop (i.e., test must be taken on or after February 8, 2022). However, you may show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 which will exempt you from this testing requirement. If you wish to be exempt from the testing requirement and show proof of vaccination, you must show either your vaccine card, passport, certification, or a photo of such proof, which must include your name, date of birth, vaccine type, and vaccine dose(s) and dates administered, along with a current photo ID.
- Registration will open for all sites at full capacity, but we reserve the right to decrease capacity at any or all workshop sites as needed to ensure the safety of attendees and staff. We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel any in-person workshop or exam for any reason, including but not limited to, health and safety concerns related to COVID-19. If we cancel any session or reduce capacity which requires cancellation of your in-person session, you may either (a) receive a full refund or (b) select a different workshop or exam, depending on availability and subject to any applicable fees, and a credit will be applied to the cost of the substituted session, and any remaining balance will be refunded to you.
- We reserve the right to make changes to this COVID-19 Policy at any time, including requiring additional protocols in order to attend any in-person session, as necessary to comply with any applicable federal, state or local law, order, regulation or recommendation, or as determined in the sole discretion of the USGA.
- THIS COVID-19 POLICY APPLIES ONLY TO IN-PERSON WORKSHOPS AND IN-PERSON EXAMS, AND DOES NOT APPLY TO VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS OR EXAMS.
- $119/night – a limited block of rooms is being held for workshop attendees at this rate. If you intend to stay at this hotel during the workshop, it is strongly recommended you make your reservation a soon as possible. If all rooms in the block become reserved, additional rooms may not be available at this or a higher rate. On January 21, 2022, any unreserved rooms will be released back into hotel inventory.
- After you’ve registered for this event, come back here to book online:
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) – 5 miles away
- Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL) – 15 miles away
- Please call your hotel for local shuttle services to and from airports. Transportation from local hotels to the Marriott DFW Airport South is not provided.
Breakfast and Refreshments
A complimentary continental breakfast, including at least one hot item, will be provided each morning starting by 7:10 a.m. During scheduled breaks, complimentary coffee, tea, water and soft drinks will be provided.
You are responsible for the cost of your transportation, lodging, and incidental expenses. Additionally, you are responsible for all your food and beverage expenses, except as otherwise detailed above.
Business casual recommended. Please no blue jeans, sweatpants or t-shirts.
- Be sure to sign in on the official class roster at the start of all morning and afternoon sessions each of the first three days.
- PGA of America members must enter their PGA eight-digit member number next to their name on the attendance roster and attend the workshop in its entirety to be credited with 24 Member Service Requirement hours. No partial credit is given by the PGA of America.
About Your Instructors
Jamie Wallace, USGA
Jamie joined the USGA Rules team in 2015 and is currently Director, Rules – Technology, Content & Education. In his role, he oversees the Rules department’s education program as well as all department technology needs. He also gets to work in a Rules capacity at USGA Championships each season. Prior to joining the USGA, Jamie worked for an online tutoring and education company based in New York City. He graduated from Dartmouth College in 2008 and was a four-year member and captain of the Men’s Golf team.
Mike Raby, PGA
Mike is a PGA Master Professional with 25+ years as a PGA member. He has officiated at many professional tournaments including PGA Championships, The Masters, The Ryder Cup, the Olympics, and the European Tour BMW Championship. Mike is the Director of Golf for the 5 golf courses operated by East Baton Rouge Recreation in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He has been an instructor at PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshops since 2015.
Cary Collins, PGA
Cary is the Director of Golf and Club Operations for Oak Hills Country Club in San Antonio, Texas. He has led the 1922 A.W. Tillinghast designed Club since 2019 and is in his third tenure at Oak Hills, having also been an Assistant and Head Professional at the member-owned Club. Cary was appointed to the PGA of America Rules Committee in 2002 and has officiated 16 Major Championships including 10 PGA Championships and the 2009 and 2016 Masters Tournament. Along with officiating two Junior Ryder Cups, he has officiated the BMW Championship (European Tour) and The Players Championship (PGA Tour). He has also been an official for over 24 other Championships conducted by the PGA of America. Cary has taught nine PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshops since 2008.
You Must be Logged in to Join this Workshop.
You must be logged in to join Waiting List