23201 USGA Virtual Workshop – 12:00 PM ET
November 9, 2022
Virtual Workshop Description
- Access to the Virtual Rules School video recordings
- Two-hour daily webinars during your Monday-to-Friday active week
- Access to either the 100-Question or 80-Question Exam (either online on a date you select from the exam schedule available here or in-person on the morning of the 4th day at a PGA/USGA Workshop site)
- The USGA will take attendance for each webinar session during the week of your workshop. Please be sure to be prompt, as the webinar will begin exactly at the appointed time.
- PGA of America members must enter their PGA eight-digit member number next to their name on the attendance roster and attend the workshop in its entirety to be credited with 10 Member Service Requirement hours. No partial credit is given by the PGA of America.
About Your Instructors
David Staebler, USGA
David joined the USGA staff in 2007 and since 2010 has been the Director of Rules Education. As part of that role, he is the primary author of the PGA/USGA Rules of Golf workshop presentations and has been teaching PGA/USGA Rules of Golf Workshops since 2008. David has officiated at all 14 USGA Championships, as well as the Walker Cup match, The Open Championship (British Open) and the PGA Championship. He has been a volunteer official for GAP, previously the Golf Association of Philadelphia, for over 30 years. He has played in 3 USGA Championships.
Ryan Farb, USGA
Ryan joined the USGA in April of 2021 and is currently the Manager, Rules – Technology, Content & Education where his focus is on Rules education, including Rules Workshops. Prior to joining the USGA, Ryan worked in various roles for the Northern California Golf Association for nearly 14 years, most recently as the Director of Rules & Competitions, served as a consulting member on the USGA Amateur Status Committee and as a Rules Committee member for the Pac-12 Championship, NCAA Championship and numerous USGA Championships including the U.S. Open, U.S. Senior Open and U.S. Amateur. Ryan has competed in one USGA championship and graduated from the University of Georgia with a Bachelor’s Degree in Latin and Classical Culture.
Jamie Wallace, USGA
Jamie joined the USGA Rules team in 2015 and is currently Director, Rules – Technology, Content & Education. In his role, he oversees the Rules department’s education program as well as all department technology needs. He also gets to work in a Rules capacity at USGA Championships each season. Prior to joining the USGA, Jamie worked for an online tutoring and education company based in New York City. He graduated from Dartmouth College in 2008 and was a four-year member and captain of the Men’s Golf team.
You Must be Logged in to Join this Workshop.