24202 USGA Virtual Workshop – 10:00 AM ET
January 29, 2024
The Course: Rules 2, 6.2, 8, 12, 13.1, and 17.1
The Game: Rules 1, 3, 20, 5, 6 (other then 6.2 and 6.3), and 7
Taking Relief: Rules 15-19
Issues with the Ball: Rules 6.3, 14, 9 (with 13.3), and 11 (with 13.2)
Equipment and Other Forms of Play: Rules 10, 4, and 21-25
Virtual Workshop Description
- Access to the Virtual Rules School video recordings
- Two-hour daily webinars during your Monday-to-Friday active week
- Access to either the 100-Question or 80-Question Exam (either online on a date you select from the exam schedule available here or in-person on the morning of the 4th day at a PGA/USGA Workshop site)
- The USGA will take attendance for each webinar session during the week of your workshop. Please be sure to be prompt, as the webinar will begin exactly at the appointed time.
- PGA of America members must enter their PGA eight-digit member number next to their name on the attendance roster and attend the workshop in its entirety to be credited with 10 Professional Development Requirement hours. No partial credit is given by the PGA of America.
About Your Instructors
Jay Roberts, USGA
Jay joined the USGA Rules team in September 2022 and currently serves as Assistant Manager, Rules – Technology, Content and Education. In his role, he is responsible for creating digital Rules education content for social media and other applications while assisting in the development of digital education programs. He also serves in a Rules capacity at USGA Championships. Jay graduated from the University of North Carolina Wilmington with a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology.
Todd Stice, USGA
Todd joined the Rules team in April 2023 and currently serves as Manager, Rules – Technology, Content and Education, where his focus is on Rules education, primarily the question-and-answer program available to the public. Prior to joining the USGA, Todd was the Director of Rules and Competitions for Central Links Golf for 8 years and was a PGA Professional and club professional for 20 years in the Kansas City area.
Francisco Rivera, USGA
Francisco joined the USGA in 2019 and currently serves as Assistant Director of Rules Operations. In his role, he manages the Rules department’s Spanish digital presence and education while also serving in a Rules capacity at USGA and other International Championships. Prior to joining the USGA, he worked for the Puerto Rico Golf Association as their Director of Rules and Competitions and was also a Consulting Member of the USGA’s Rules of Golf Committee. Francisco has served multiple times in the Rules Committee at the U.S. Open, the Masters Tournament, the Latin America Amateur Championship, and the World Amateur Team Championships. He received his two undergraduate degrees from the University of Puerto Rico and an M.B.A. from the University of Sacred Heart of Puerto Rico.
You Must be Logged in to Join this Workshop.